Indian Health Council, Inc.
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Function: Clinical
Classification: Regular, Full-Time
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Location: Onsite (Rincon / Valley Center, CA)
Pay range: $81,487 to $87,048 annually DOE
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on date of hire. Low employee contribution for PPO Medical, DPPO Dental, Vision. 403B retirement plan with company matching; generous PTO & sick time; 13 paid holidays annually, Employee birthday paid day off; bereavement and jury duty paid time off; company paid life, AD&D, short term and long-term disability; Eligible for company paid CMU, CEU, CPR and required licensures. Corporate discount programs. Monthly employee appreciation events. Service award program. Birthday and work anniversary acknowledgments.
The Medical Social Worker will be a part of the medical care team providing Patient Centered Integration services to individuals and families. Provides care management and assists patients and families in understanding patient conditions and treatment options; helps patient and family members develop coping strategies, assess patient needs, assist in the development of treatment plans and provide emotional and mental assessments on the patients. Responsible for the development and utilization of screening instruments that are culturally and linguistically relevant to our tribal patient population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist Provider in assessment and referral of patients with behavioral health problems; direct to appropriate resources.
2. Provide crisis intervention and follow up as needed.
3. Provide brief behavioral health interventions (SBIRT)
4. Provide education and support to patients and families to encourage compliance to medical and behavioral health plans.
5. Document patient records into EHR in a timely and accurate manner.
6. File mandated reporting and/or contact law enforcement as needed.
7. Care coordination with all clinical departments.
8. Leads the Interdepartmental Case Management meetings to collaborate care.
9. Participate in diabetes, OB and well child clinics as a resource.
10. Conduct routine screenings.
11. Monthly data reporting to meet grant objectives.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL & DRIVING REQUIREMENTS
Travel is required on occasion for grant purposes. Driving is not required for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited program by the Council on Social Work (CSWE)
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience required. 5 years preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGULATIONS
• Current California Social Worker license.
• A valid California driver's license and a good driving record will be required at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
• Current CPR certification or attain within 6 months of hire.
• Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment physical exam, tuberculin skin test or x-ray and urine drug screen test (to include marijuana). Health must be adequate to perform all duties of the position.
• Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
• Must pass background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of treatment plans and resources to meet the needs of patients.
• Knowledge of tribal communities and culturally appropriate screening tools.
• Skill in patient assessment.
• Skilled in data management and application.
• Ability to lead meetings, collaborate and case manage.
• Ability to work effectively with team members.
• Ability to identify problems, use good judgment and recommend solutions.
• Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities in a timely manner.
Must be proficient in the following:
• Productivity Software: Microsoft Office 365; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email & Calendar Management (outlook), Teams (video conferencing and meetings), and Share Point.
• Electronic health records software (NextGen preferred).
• Utilization of Paycom, Relias Learning, and PolicyTech systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Possess adequate written and oral language skills to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to respond appropriately to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to public groups, peer groups and/or leadership.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to apply critical thinking skills to problem solve.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment.
1. Responds promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department/organizational goals and objectives.
1. Displays knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age- appropriate care.
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
2. Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
1. Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need-to-know basis for business purposes.
2. Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations.
3. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior or activity.
Indian Preference shall be given in accordance with IHC's Policies and Procedures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Salary Range:$81,487.00 - $87,048.00
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :